Trett Digest Volume 13

In contrast to February where not much was going on in the life of Dan Trett, March and the beginning of April were the opposite with lots of exciting things to report. The opening weekend in March I was away up Edinburgh (Friday 2nd) for one of my mates birthdays, we stayed two nights at the Premier Inn and just hit the bars/clubs pretty hard for the weekend. The second weekend (Saturday 10th) was the third annual NPF Football Championships, over at North Shields Soccerdome. This as usual was a fantastic day/event with a host of NPF affiliates of all ages, fitness, and ability taking to the astro turf. My team as aforementioned in TDV12, played really well and were crowned winners after winning 6 out of 6 games. I jokingly said I had a bad back after carrying my team, but in all honesty I think Andy “KQ4EVA” Blair put it perfect “Must be nice to be a shit player in a good team Dan”. Although winning was nice it was the least of my worries, I was just delighted to take part and play with a great bunch of people in the right spirit.


From here after freshening up Chris Leckie and myself headed out for dinner at the Killingworth Arms, before heading to Genting to play a satellite for the Genting Newcastle Championship. I ran really well and locked up my second seat, so gave one to my brother Mark. Monday 12th I headed down Gloucestershire for the Cheltenham Festival 2012, staying five nights at the Ellenborough Park hotel with my Uncle Paul. This was the first time I'd travelled to Cheltenham and had a great few days, the highlight of which was reserving a table at the paddock view restaurant on Friday 16th to enjoy a delicious four course luncheon whilst watching the gold cup from our chalet balcony.


The weekend I returned on Mothers Day (Sunday 18th) I had reserved a table for seven at 14:00 over at Killingworth Arms, joining my Mam, Grandma, Mark, Diane (Mark's wife), and their two children (Lauryn and Zach) for lunch. Then the final weekend in March (Saturday 24th), Mark and I played the Newcastle Genting Championships. No luck though as we both bust relatively early, Mark AK vs. JJ and me AJ vs. Q8 both AIPF. The following day Monday 26th I flew back over to Las Vegas, visiting with a few boys from Crewe I met in 2009. I was staying over at Excalibur, this as usual was a fantastic trip with lots to share. Link to my report below;

Las Vegas 2012 Trip Report “March”

Upon returning I relaxed for a couple of days, before getting on it pretty hard for the Easter weekend. Partying with friends from Good Friday right through to Easter Monday, which was easy like five years ago but at 27 it's becoming hard work. Then my attention turned to Stockton, as the GUKPT visited for the third leg of it's tour. I played a pretty heavy schedule;

Tuesday 10th April: £100 (+£10) NLH
Friday 13th April: £500 (+£50) Main Event
Saturday 14th April: £250 (+£20) NLH
Saturday 14th April: £50 (+£5) Turbo

Unfortunately going 0/4, including re-entries and cash I was stuck the best part of £1,500 for the festival. Which sucked but M'EH it's cool, I had a great time and a good laugh travelling down with Dave Collins and Peter Newton for the main event. Then got to see a lot of the Teesside boys who I don't see much nowadays, so yeah no success to report but that's the way it goes. Special thanks to Dave Maudlin, who kindly took Steve Holden and I to an Indian restaurant called Jamal's in Middlesbrough city centre. Which after enjoying a really fantastic dinner, Dave kindly picked up the bill.


Looking forward and there is lots going on with the Poker Player Tour visiting Grosvenor Newcastle next weekend (Saturday 21st April), hosting a £100 event so that should be a lot of fun. Then during the month of May both Aspers and Gala Teesside are hosting festivals, Aspers running across the opening weekend in May and Gala Teesside during the last weekend in May. So I'll be looking to get involved in both these, although with the lack of advertising, guarantees, and satellites for the Aspers festival I suspect it will struggle to get going especially the £500 main event.

TL;DR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting FTP, we hope you enjoyed the article & your feedback is important to us. Please comment & we will endeavour to reply.