American Digest Volume 05

I left you guys last Thursday (18th July) morning and after finishing up I caught a few hours sleep before heading to the swimming pool to relax for the afternoon. That evening I took my first night off from the tables and went to meet newlyweds Paul & Kayleigh at Bar Vdara. They're staying at Vdara, which obviously made Bar Vdara the ideal meeting point. I got them a bottle Moët & Chandon champagne to toast there marriage and we had a great night. We played some blackjack over at Bellagio, had a few drinks at Carnaval Court and finished up in Mirage for some more blackjack and drinks.


The next morning I took the guys to The Cafe at Monte Carlo for breakfast, then we hired a daybed around the Vdara swimming pool for $75 and chilled there all day. That evening I headed to Caesars Palace to play some 500nl and had a pretty good session recording almost $2,400 profit. It was a sick game with almost $40,000 on the table, I felt I could have won a lot more in the game too if it didn't break around 5:00am. But I was obviously delighted and headed back to my room to catch up on some sleep. The following day I just lounged around, I was down the swimming pool for a little bit but not as much as I would have liked as I over did it at the Vdara and was a little red from the day before. That evening I met the guys and we got tickets for Zumanity at New York New York, we started with dinner at The Sporting House Bar & Grill before taking our seats. Zumanity is an adults only show containing nudity. It's the Sensual Side of Cirque du Soleil, is a seductive twist on reality, making the provocative playful and the forbidden electrifying! we left all our inhibitions at the door and let loose at this adult-themed production. It took us on a sexy thrill ride full of sensational acrobatics and naughty fun. With a mixture of burlesque and cabaret, it was a great show and made for a great night. I actually love all Cirque du Soleil shows I've seen and really excited about seeing other performances.


After the performance we had a nightcap at Coyote Ugly before taking a slow walk back up the strip, I left the love birds around 1:00am and headed to bed for an early night. The following morning at 10:00am I had qualified for "THE 20 FOR 20 FREE ROLL" at Caesars Palace, this is basically a $20,000 free roll which you qualify for by playing twenty hours of live cash action in any Harrahs property over the previous fortnight. It pay's first through to fortieth $500 each, so in theory it should be a pretty easy $500 so long as you just knit it up. But I'm a dick head and played as such, I bust after half an hour. So I was up and around pretty early and decide to fill my day heading to the National Geographic Exhibit over at The Venetian. This showcases fifty of the most-remembered and celebrated photographs in history, including the story and background behind the photo. It was okay I guess and helped kill a few hours during late morning and early afternoon.


I then spent an hour relaxing by the swimming pool before having a small late afternoon snooze. I woke up around 7:00pm and got ready and headed over Caesars Palace around 8:00pm to play some 500nl. I had a really profitable session recording $2,800 profit when I left, a large part was due to this kind of crazy move when I turned TT into a bluff on a board of QQ456sss and managed to move AA off a $1,000 pot. I was pretty pleased with that, but in general I try not to get out of line playing the live 500nl here as it's just so profitable to wait for your hands and get paid off, it just looked a super good spot. I actually cut my session short four hours as some hero sat down to my direct left with $5,000 (It's uncapped over at Caesars Palace) and started 3BETTING me every hand, so I was like whatever I can't be arsed to get put in these shitty spots all night especially considering I had $4,800 so effective stacks were almost 1,000BB. So yeah cutting my session short meant I was back in the room a little after midnight and ordered Knocked Up the movie from my in-room entertainment and watched that as I slowly fell asleep.


The following day (Monday 22nd July) I spent the day chilling with the newlyweds. We headed to The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace so Kayleigh could do some shopping and we had luncheon at The Cheesecake Factory, from here we headed to Macy's at the Fashion Show Mall to do some more shopping. I picked up a nice white Lacoste polo shirt for $125 which I love. Then we took a walk over The Venetian to ride the gondola, I kind of gate crashed there romantic moment but whatever.


Then after a couple of hours relaxing in my room I headed over there suite at Vdara to play some drinking games and enjoy the beautiful view of The Bellagio fountains. From here we headed to Mandalay Bay where we hit up the Minus5 Ice Bar and played some blackjack, heading back through Luxor and Excalibur where we continued to drink, gamble and have lots of fun.


Then I took a taxi back to The Quad around 2:00am where I collapsed for the night, which brings me to now. It's like 5:30pm Tuesday evening and I've just wasted the day lounging around my room feeling hungover and sorry for myself. I had half an hour by the swimming pool which has helped a little bit and I'm just about fit enough to face the world now. So I'll wrap this up for now, I have seven nights left here before flying back to the UK. So check back next week when I'll digest my final week here in Sin City.

#vivalasvegas #brightlightcity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting FTP, we hope you enjoyed the article & your feedback is important to us. Please comment & we will endeavour to reply.