Las Vegas 2014 Trip Report "February" II

As I write this I’m sitting relaxing in my room at The Quad, it’s around noon and I’m just about ready to check out. So following straight on from LV2014TR “February” #1. That evening we decide to have a break away from the tables and treat ourselves to see ‘Zarcana at Aria’, this is a Cirque du Soleil performance and like the rest of them very impressive. I’ve now seen 7/8 of the Cirque du Soleil shows in Las Vegas with only ‘Beatles Love at Mirage’ left to see, I’m hoping to get over and see that sometime this summer. We also had dinner at Pampas Churrascaria in Planet Hollywood, this is a steak house and again I was suitably impressed. Overall a great and enjoyable evening.

The following morning (Monday 17th) we checked out of The Flamingo and moved next door to The Quad for our final four nights, we booked The Quad for £12 per night (£6 per person) just so cheap. Especially considering it’s been completely renovated now, I’m guessing once the rooms are all sorted that The Quad will QUADruple its prices. We then took a walk down The Wynn to play the $140 tournament, I got stacked relatively early so jumped on the 300nl tables. Shortly after Stuey bust out so we decide to walk down to Stratosphere because he wanted to do the SkyJump. I already did it in February 2012 or would have got involved too.

By now it was around 7:00pm and we headed back to the room to relax for a bit. We had planned on going back out for the evening but just couldn’t be arsed, so we ordered a pizza from room service and watched Runner Runner movie with Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake. The next morning (Tuesday 18th) we headed over Caesars Palace to relax and rejuvenate at Qua Baths & Spa, this is just the nut best way to get away from the hustle and bustle of the casino floor. #sauna #jacuzzi #steamroom #iceroom

Feeling revitalised we then had lunch at PF Changs before heading to the Aria for the daily 1:00pm $125 tournament, this didn’t work out for me so I chilled at the 300nl before then entering the 7:00pm $125 tournament. Again I got stacked relatively early so went back on the cash tables until about midnight, losing more cash before deciding to head back to the room to retire for the evening. The next morning was a very early rise for what was to be the highlight of my trip, we were getting picked up at the bus depot at 6:45am for a tour of Death Valley National Park. Words can’t begin to describe how much I loved it here, it has so much history and our tour guide Jerry was so informative. I would 100% recommend and push everybody visiting Las Vegas to check this out, however the tour doesn't run during the summer months because it gets too hot in Death Valley. Its home to the officially recorded hottest temperature the planet has ever seen, check out our photo’s below. #simplysuperb #breathtaking

After a very long day at Death Valley we finally got back to our hotel around 6:30pm, this was after a short stop at the “Welcome To Fabulous Las Vegas” sign. We then decided to get on it and head down to O’Sheas Casino to play some beer pong, from there we watched some karaoke at ‘The Piano Bar’ and then finally downtown to Fremont Street and Gold Diggers at Golden Nugget.

After rolling home stupidly hungover around 3:00am I woke up in the morning to hear my good friend Martin Amer had just won the $645,000 jackpot in a slot machine over at Flamingo. They had been upgraded to the penthouse suite and were giving endless amounts of complimentary food and drink. So I took a walk over to see and congratulate him for an hour in the morning. #breakingvegas

From there we headed back over Venetian to play event #48 of the deep stack extravaganza series, this was a $400 buy-in with a $65,000 guarantee which they smashed with well over 300 runners. I fired two bullets after getting my first one in with 45s vs. 99 on a 239ss flop for about a 25,000 chip pot and then got brutally unlucky with my second one as I got it in on a AxJr flop holding AK vs. AQ and he turned a queen. That was for 130,000 chip pot and all but guaranteed to make the money at that point. C’est la vie and I then camped out on the 300nl tables until around midnight before walking back to the room for the evening. #tournamentvariancesucks

That brings me to right now, we’ve been down Hash House a go go for breakfast this morning and now walking over Flamingo to catch up with the $645,000 dollar man Martin Amer and have lunch this afternoon at Treasure Island before heading to McCarran airport to fly home this evening. I’ve had an amazing trip as I always do and ticked a few more of my Vegas to do list boxes. I’m considering coming back on March 13th for a week with the Teesside guys, I’ve visited with these lot back in November 2011 and they’re such great company. That’s still up in the air, I’ll decide about that over the next fortnight. But one thing is for sure, I’m back in the summer for the annual NPF trip and with the crowd going this year it has the potential to be the best yet. #goodtimes #goodmemories

#vivalasvegas #lifeofdantrett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting FTP, we hope you enjoyed the article & your feedback is important to us. Please comment & we will endeavour to reply.